Here you'll be able to find all of the event schedule information an important dates and details for 2015 OneWalk! Visit this page often for more up-to-date information!
OPENING RALLY & FINISH FESTIVAL
Opening Rally will be located at:
Polson Pier Driving Range
11 Polson St, Toronto, ON M5A 1A4, Canada
Finish Festival will be located at:
Cabana Pool Bar
11 Polson St, Toronto, ON M5A 1A4, Canada
The Opening Rally will begin promptly at 8:00 am on Saturday, September 12th.
The Finish Festival will begin at 11:00 am, or whenever the first walker crosses the finish line, on Saturday, September 12th. The Cabana Pool will be open so feel free to bring your bathing suits! Dinner service will begin at 3:30 p.m. The route will close at 5p.m. Beverages will be available for purchase for friends and family.
Please remember to pace yourself so that you finish in time The Route will close at 5pm, so all walkers must cross the finish line by then or they will be swept forward. Finish Festival opens at 10:30am on Saturday so plan accordingly with your Friends and Family so they don't miss you crossing the Finish Line or the festival excitement.
BREAKFAST AND GEAR DROP-OFF
- 6:30 am-7:50am Bag drop-off and breakfast service.
- 6:30 am-7:30am Onsite check-in begins for those who have not checked in online. If you have not received your packet in the mail, please make sure to pick it up on Saturday morning. If planning to check in onsite, please arrive early to avoid missing the Opening Rally. The Opening Rally will begin promptly at 8:00am.
- 7:20am All participants should be onsite.
- 8:00am Opening Rally begin.
Bag Drop will be available Saturday morning; you will be able to drop your bag off in the morning and it will be available for you to pick up at the Finish Festival
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS
The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
1 Harbour Square, Toronto, ON M5J 1A6
$229.00 (Triple Occupancy)
$259.00 (Quad Occupancy)
To make a reservation, call and mention the "Conquer Cancer Room Block" to qualify for the special rate. You must have a credit card available to reserve your room. Available on a first come, first serve basis, so book your room now!
A free shuttle service will run from our host hotel to the Opening Rally on Saturday morning, September 12th, at 6:30am and 7am.
A free shuttle service will run from Union Station to Opening Rally on Saturday morning, September 12th, every 30 minutes or so from 6:30am to 7:30am. Please allow yourself additional time if traveling through Union Station due to construction so you don’t miss the Opening Rally!
A free shuttle service will run from the Finish Festival to Union Station on Saturday afternoon, September 12th, every 30 minutes or so from 4pm to 8pm.
Participants MUST RSVP for the Shuttle Service.
2015 Event parking will be available at $20/vehicle as a daily rate.
Click here for the 2015 parking map
CREW & VOLUNTEERS
All Crew Meeting
Mandatory all Crew Meeting will be on September 11th at 6pm in Toronto.
Harbourfront Community Centre
627 Queen's Quay West Toronto,
ON M5V 3G3
(Queens Quay & Bathurst)
Parking can be found at the following locations (please also see the map below, highlighting parking options):
539 Queens Quay at the Marina
Rees St. & Queens Quay West
$20.00 flat fee
235 Queens Quay West
** Street parking also available close by
The All Crew Meeting is your chance to meet your Team Captain, fellow crew members if you haven’t already, get pumped for the Walk and get your Crew Kit. Your Crew Kit will include your t-shirt along with your credentials that will gives you access to meals, transportation and more - very important!
Attention! We are still looking for more people to help with our Route Marking Team. For information about this team, or any other Crew Teams, please contact Lexi Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about volunteering, please contact Ana Ruso at email@example.com
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
August 24, 2015 - Mailed donations must be postmarked by this date in order to be processed in time for the event. Mailed donations postmarked after may not be credited to your fundraising account by Day One. If you receive additional mailed donations after August 24, bring them on Saturday to have them added to your account on the spot!
August 24, 2015 - Company matching gifts sent to the P.O. Box must be postmarked by this date. (Any matching gifts not received can be “guaranteed” by a delayed self-pledge with the participant’s credit card number.)
September 11, 2015- Online donations received on this date or before will be reflected in your fundraising account on Day One.
November 11, 2015 - Delayed self pledge will be processed on this date if you have not reached your fundraising minimum.
Bring Your Photo ID: You’ll need it if you’ll be drinking alcohol at Polson Pier on Saturday.
Last-Minute Donations: Bring any last-minute donations on Saturday. Each donation must have a completed donation form. Speed up the check-in process by bringing them properly filled in.
Don’t Leave Home Without List
- Water Bottle to be filled up at all route stop and venue locations. Help us be a green event!!!!!
- Sunblock for the route (sunblock will be provided at the Start/Finish venue along with on the route; however always great to have some just in case)
- Camera!!! We promise you will want to capture moments throughout the entire day!!!
- $20 for parking and additional cash should you wish to partake in additional drinks by the pool :)
- Small Bag to carry any items you may want to walk with throughout the day
- Any medication you will require throughout the day
- We will provide only regular and gluten free snacks and meal options during the event. Should you require specialty meals and snacks please bring them with you to the event. Bring all Lunch and Dinner meals for the day to the Registration/Information booth at the Opening Rally, which our team will ensure these meals are at the locations for you to pick up once you arrive. Please ensure you have your NAME, PARTICIPANT NUMBER and WHAT MEAL it is on the Tupperware.
- The POOL is open!! Don’t forget to bring your bathing suit, towel and flip flops to enjoy at the Cabana Pool Bar once finishing the walk!
- Please bring your ID as you will be required to show this for alcoholic drinks at the Finish Line.
- Your Friends and Family!! Make sure you bring everyone to this amazing event!!!!